Due to aging and other external factors, teeth tend to decay or shred which needs to be addressed urgently. A mini or full dental implant is a tooth root that is positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line surgically. This allows your dentist to set replacement teeth or a bridge into that area. Patients looking to replace lost teeth can opt for mini dental implants. Mini dental implants screw into the bones and the top of the device is ball-shaped protrusion to helps support dentures. The dentures possess a rubber O-ring that slides over the ball-shaped part.
When are Mini Dental implants required?
Mostly, your dentist will choose a mini dental implant in these situations:
1. If your teeth are small
2. If you require premolar replacement
3. If teeth are located in a narrow space
4. For front teeth replacement
Benefits of Mini dental implant:
1. The mini dental implants are way more affordable than traditional implants. This is because the smaller screws used are much cheaper than larger screws used for a traditional implant.
2. The process of positioning a mini implant is less invasive and time-consuming. Due to the less time and effort spent, less money is spent.
3. Sometimes, dentists do not require bone grafting on patients with a lower jaw bone density. This also reduces overall expenses.
The oral care tips for Implants:
Dental implants require the same care as natural teeth but the gums are little sensitive after the implant procedure. Mostly, full dental implants are successful, however, you must take proper care to make your implant last.
1. Brush twice a day and floss regularly. Use good quality interdental brushes to reach and clean the areas around your implant.
2. Quit smoking as it can weaken the bone structure and lead to failure of a dental implant.
3. Get your teeth examined and cleaned after every six months to ensure dental implant success and make your implant last.
4. Avoid chewing hard food items that can damage the implantation.
Losing natural teeth can really be traumatic, drowning your confidence as well as your smile. Individuals also choose full mouth dental implants for replacing all the teeth in one jaw or even the entire mouth. This is considered to be the most challenging dental treatment and requires top-notch precision for a successful implant. Dental implants also ensure oral health as they are anchored to other teeth. Dental implants are inserted into the jawbones so that they are not removable, unlike bridges and dentures which are false teeth and just sit on the gum’s surface. Due to this, dental implants are mostly preferred by individuals as they do not shift or slip. Even if you need a front tooth or premolar replacement, affordable dental implants might be a good option for you. The only requirement is that the patient must have sufficient healthy bones in his or her jaw.
Mini dental implants allow you to smile, eat and speak normally again without worrying about how you look or getting ashamed about anything. Your dentist can examine and tell you if mini implants are the best choice for you.