With the technology developing day by day, people are taking their business and ideas online and trying to sell their ideas to a large number of audiences across the globe. If the audience finds the website with almost the same design, the redundancy of the plan will bore them out. With this, the customization of the site is a dire necessity to appease their demands. For instance, the website can be designed according to the requirement of the customer. They also have the liberty to build a website for businesses, blogs, portals, and much more.
All these things can be done by using WordPress theme customization, which makes your website a unique site and supports its own identity.
WordPress Theme Optimisation is a revolutionary step in this field. Website themes are essential as it directly represents the brand and also has a direct impact on the users who are going through the website. This includes colors, layout, style elements, and other things required to make the site more attractive, thereby increasing the customer quotient.
Wordpress theme customization not only helps in making a unique website but also helps in adding various vital features like Social sharing feature, multiple page styles, and widgets. It also helps in inserting media to the page quickly and management of the web content. The options provided here are perhaps the best of the features supplied by a content management system. With a blend of one’s fresh ideas and these Wordpress template customization options, one can create a steady website.
You can customize your themes using WordPress by following these three methods:
THE THEME OPTION METHOD
The main reason to use this feature is to reach a broad and extensive user base. Theme option creates flexible and professional themes. These features also add the size of the text, adds a bar to the side of the text, adds a new layout style, header, footer, custom logo, homepage layout. The best part is that it can be done without adding further codes as this feature is inbuilt. New codes are only required for the added themes. WordPress theme customization also increases extensibility, flexibility, usability, and ease of operation.
Steps to add theme option:
- Download the theme’s zip files you want to add to the website.
- Click on my sites and then design and then finally click on Themes.
- Click on upload themes
- And the final step is to activate the themes.
THE CUSTOMISER METHOD
Sometimes apart from the theme options, customizing themes via customizers is preferred as it allows you to add some of the advanced features to it. This can be done by adding the CSS file for the desktop phones and the tablet, which further helps to enhance the website according to the need. With the help of this feature, you can still edit the themes of the site and also have control over all the devices and how the website will look on those devices.
Steps to add customizing themes via customizer:
- First, click on appearance and then select Themes page.
- On this page, go down and find out for the activity theme and then click on the customize button next to its title.
- A new page will open at the left where you can modify your WordPress themes in a real-time.
- Once you are done with all the changes and satisfied with all the changes, you can click on save and publish button present on the right side.
THE CODE EDITING METHOD
WordPress template customization can be edited with the help of code as well. One of the most used codes for this purpose is HTML. Editing themes are done with the help of PHP, which is a bit confusing until you have the basic idea about how the theme is going to work. To edit a theme, we must first create a child theme in which all the original files will be saved. One of the best use of creating a child theme is that when we delete the theme, then it is reverted back to the original theme. Default theme files include a header file, index file, page file, sidebar file, a CSS file, and a footer file.
Steps to edit themes via codes:
- Create a folder where you are going to save your themes.
- Then create style.css and index.php formats in your custom theme folder.
- Go to the dashboard and look for the appearance and then themes, then theme details where the link of URI is provided then click on activate.
- Now add a code to post title and post text.
- Now add a link for each post.
- Add a header and footer for each custom theme.
- Add a function.php files to your theme, that is, index.php, style.css, header.php, and footer.php.
- Finally, add some styles to your theme.